EDUCATION / COURSES
BEYOND THE BASICS: A Team Approach of Taking Dental Sleep Medicine to a New Level in Your Practice
July 17-18, 2015 – Richmond, VA
PACE Approved – 14 CEUs
This course is designed for dentists and dental team members who have been involved in Dental Sleep Medicine and/or have delivered Oral Devices for Snoring and Sleep Apnea. This unique education environment will provide Interactive Learning, Demonstrations, Hands-On Exercises and Breakout Sessions for advancing the Dental Sleep Medicine area of your practice. You will be provided practical tools to improve your Dental Sleep Therapy, as well as Relational and Management Tools to handle patient objections, master time efficiency, address medical billing obstacles and build physician and sleep lab relationships.
Dr. Mark Abramson, DDS, ABDSM is a Diplomat of the AAOP, APM, AADSM, Executive Board Member of AAPMD and a Fellow AACP. He is on faculty with Stanford University and developed the FDA cleared OASYS Oral/Nasal Airway System. Dr. Abramson has a private practice in Redwood City and Sleep Practice in Monterey, California.
Dr. John Bixby, DMD, D.ACSDD, FAGD is a Diplomate of the ACSDD, Member AADSM, Fellow of the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, a Fellow in AGD and the Dental Director at Comfort Sleep Laboratory, in Neptune City, NJ. His practice is limited to the dental treatment of sleep disorders...
Elias Kalantzis is the founder and managing partner of SleepTest.com, SleepTest Dental Sleep Marketing, IDEA Communications, and OSA University. Elias created SleepTest.com as an online public resource of information for sleep apnea and sleep breathing disorders. His personal mission is to spread awareness of sleep breathing disorders, the health consequences when they are left untreated, and alternative treatment options
Each Dentist and Team Member will:
- Receive 14 AGD and Virginia CE Credits
- Build Greater Confidence as a Supporting Member of the Medical Sleep Team
- Learn how to Build a Professional and Successful Dental Sleep Team
- Learn the Benefits, Limitations and Trends of In Lab PSG and Home Sleep Testing
- Learn to Read and Better Understand PSG and HST Reports
- Learn the Importance of an Expanded Patient Exam before Oral Appliance Therapy
- Gain Insight and New Tools to Improve Oral Appliance Therapy Success
- Learn how to use —The O2 OASYS, Medicare Herbst and New OASYS Hinge Appliance
- Learn why Addressing Nasal Obstruction & Upper Airway Resistance is Important
- Learn why Tongue Repositioning and Training can Improve Therapy Effectiveness
- Learn Appliance Delivery Techniques and Titration, New Bite Techniques, including the MATRx
- Learn to Manage Side Effects, Complications, TMJ and Morning Bite Changes
- Learn to Educate the Sleep Tech on Appliance Titration during an Overnight PSG
- Learn how to Modify an Oral Appliance for Combination Therapy for Improved Results
- Learn Protocols and Communication Techniques for Sleep Patient Groups—The Undiagnosed,
the PreDiagnosed, Appointment Sequence, the Scheduling Model, Getting Patient Acceptance
- Learn Updates & Protocols for Dealing with Medicare & Medical Insurance Companies, and How to Overcome Payment Obstacles
- Learn Communication Dialogues for the Team to Exhibit a Passion for Excellent Patient Care in all Patient Visits and Communication.
- Learn Advanced Marketing Techniques to Physicians and Sleep Labs, including Evidence Based Studies that support Efficacy and the Guidelines of the AASM for Oral Appliance Therapy, plus learn to more effectively market to your current and prospective patients.
Advanced Learning Opportunity
Each Dentist can elect to send In his / her impressions and a bite registration and have an Oral Appliance made for him / her, delivered and adjusted at the course. A Home Sleep Test will be available for evaluation of the doctor’s sleep on Friday night. The results will be reviewed on Saturday. (Additional Fee $295 – Please contact Dream Systems to make arrangements 916-865-4528.)
* * SAVE $100 * * REGISTER BY JUNE 15
VADSM DOCTOR & TEAM MEMBER $695
2ND DR. SAME OFFICE $595
ADDITIONAL TEAM MEMBERS $175
Embassy Suites Hotel, 2925 Emerywood Pkwy, Richmond, VA 23924, Tel: (804) 672-8585
Embassy Suites Room Reservations $134 / Night (804) 672-8585 (Limited Room Block & Rate – Reserve Early)
For more information, call Jim Addiego at (916) 865-4528
Virginia Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 4/7/2014 to 4/6/2017.
Please contact our conference coordinator with any questions you may have at email@example.com.