EDUCATION / COURSES
BEYOND THE BASICS: Take Your Dental Sleep Medicine Practice to the Next Level – The Team Approach
July 17-18, 2015 – Richmond, VA
This course is designed for dentists and dental team members who have been involved in Dental Sleep Medicine and/or have delivered Oral Devices for Snoring and Sleep Apnea. This unique education environment will provide Interactive Learning, Demonstrations, Hands-On Exercises and Breakout Sessions for advancing the Dental Sleep Medicine area of your practice. You will be provided practical tools to improve your Dental Sleep Therapy, as well as Relational and Management Tools to handle patient objections, master time efficiency, address medical billing obstacles and build physician and sleep lab relationships.
Dr. Mark Abramson, DDS, ABDSM is a Diplomat of the AAOP, APM, AADSM, Executive Board Member of AAPMD and a Fellow AACP. He is on faculty with Stanford University and developed the FDA cleared OASYS Oral/Nasal Airway System. Dr. Abramson has a private practice in Redwood City and Sleep Practice in Monterey, California.
Dr. John Bixby, DMD, D.ACSDD, FAGD is a Diplomate of the ACSDD, Member AADSM, Fellow of the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, a Fellow in AGD and the Dental Director at Comfort Sleep Laboratory, in Neptune City, NJ. His practice is limited to the dental treatment of sleep disorders.
.Glennine Varga is the Director of Team Education at OSA University. She is a certified TMD assistant with the AACP, a Pankey Institute Faculty Member and has over 18 years of experience and continuing education in sleep disordered breathing, TMD, practice management and marketing.
Each Dentist will:
- Build Greater Confidence as a Dental Sleep Professional and as an Important
- Supporting Member of the Medical Sleep Team
- Learn how to Build a Professional and Successful Dental Sleep Team
- Learn Trends Being Set By Medicare Regarding Sleep Testing & Understand the Reports
- Learn Expanded Oral, TMJ and Nasal Exams to Better Screen & Treat Your Patients
- Learn why Addressing Nasal Obstruction & Upper Airway Resistance is Important
- Learn to Use the OASYS Appliance & It’s Benefits beyond Mandibular Advancement
- Learn to Use the Medicare Cleared Sleep Herbst & a New 510K Cleared Hinge Device
- Learn Appliance Delivery Techniques, Titration and Modifications to Improve Results
- Learn to Manage Side Effects, Complications, TMJ and Morning Bite Changes
- Learn how to Work with Sleep Techs for Appliance Titration and Using the Matrx
- Learn how to Modify an Oral Appliance for Combination Therapy for Improved Results
- Learn Protocols and Communication Techniques for Sleep Patient Groups—The Diagnosed, the PreDiagnosed, Appointment Sequence, the Scheduling Model, Fees & Patient Acceptance
- Learn Protocols for Dealing with Medical Insurance, Medicare, Electronic Filing, Billing Services, Overcoming Payment Obstacles
- Learn Tools to Manage Your Sleep Patients and Include Physician Monitoring of their Patient’s Progress in Oral Appliance Therapy
- Learn Advanced Marketing and Communication Techniques to Address Physicians and Sleep Labs, including Efficacy Reports to Support the Guidelines of the AASM for Oral Appliance Therapy,…plus improve marketing success to current and prospective patients.
PACE Approved – 14 CEUs
VADSM member doctor and one team member: $695 (by 6/15)
VADSM member doctor /same office: $595 (by 6/15)
VADSM additional team members: $175 (by 6/15)
Non-member doctor and one team member: $795 (by 6/15)
Non-member doctor /same office: $695 (by 6/15)
Non-member additional team members: $195 (by 6/15)
Doctor appliance for course: $295
REGISTRATION FORM: 2015VADSMAdvancedDSMCourse_July
Virginia Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 4/7/2014 to 4/6/2017.
Please contact our conference coordinator with any questions you may have at email@example.com.